Friday, February 26, 2010

Angus, the largest snowman on record

Image:thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com
Take 9,000,000 pounds of snow, two 4 foot wreathes to use as eyes, 6 feet of chicken wire and muslin for the carrot nose, 6 automobile tires as the mouth, a 20 foot fleece hat, a 120 foot fleece scarf, 3 more tires for the buttons and two 10 foot trees for the arms, assemble, and you have the world's largest snowman.

The snowman went by the name of Angus and was built in Bethel, Maine in 1999. He officially melted on June 10, 1999.

Angus was a mountain of a snowman, measuring 113 feet 7 inches tall.

Since half the country seems to be getting hammered, once again, I started to wonder if anyone was doing anything creative with the frozen powder. I came across Angus, along with some pretty naughty snow people. I'll have to let you do your own search on that one (use your imagination!).

I made the mistake of showing my three boys and the plotting has begun. While I'm not sure we can beat Angus, I know we'll have fun trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share with the group? Comment here, just please be respectful of others, polite and nice (as we try to be) to set an example for the cool, crazy kids!