Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cool Peeps: Rose Astorina and Griffin Maks!

Griffin Maks and Rose Astorina

Rose Astorina: Mommy. Wife. Fox News Exec. Non-hodgkins lymphoma survivor. From the moment we met Rose Astorina, we were so inspired by her story, and we are thrilled to introduce you. Rose, who has dedicated her life to raising money to fight blood cancers, has been nominated for the LLS Woman of the Year, sponsoring young Griffin Maks who, at the tender age of four, is battling leukemia. Here's a bit about Rose in her own words:

My idea of happiness is... Being in remission and enjoying my family while working towards a world without cancer

My heroes are... My 4 year old son, Johnny. For always wanting to kiss Mommy’s “boo-boo’s” and make me better. For making me smile on my darkest days, all at the tender age of two. He had a lot of growing up to do long before he should have.

My husband John for being my greatest strength, my nurse, my chauffeur, my shoulder to cry on and my crutch, both emotionally and psychically. The love of my life, he never let me down and took Johnny and me to Hawaii in December 2008 to celebrate my remission.

My Parents, 5 siblings and friends for giving me the courage to get through the toughest battle of my life!

What talent would you like to develop? I would love to learn to dance, ballroom style. I think ABC should do "Dancing With The Survivors."

What is your personal motto? " Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain."


Find out more about Rose and her LLS events (you can meet DA Coach tonight!) on her blog, roseabovecancer. Don't miss the chance to find out more about this incredible lady, and her quest, and how you can get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share with the group? Comment here, just please be respectful of others, polite and nice (as we try to be) to set an example for the cool, crazy kids!